1. You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it will be yours for the entire period this time around.
2. You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time, informal school called life. Each day in this school you will have the opportunity to learn lessons. You may like the lessons or think them irrelevant and stupid.
3. There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trial and error, experimentation. The "failed" experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiment that ultimately "works."
4. A lesson is repeated until it is learned. A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. Then you can go on to the next lesson.
5. Learning lessons does not end. There is no part of life that does not contain its lessons. If you are alive, there are lessons to be learned.
6. "There" is no better than "here." When your "there" has become a "here," you will simply obtain another "there" that again, looks better than the "here."
7.Others are merely mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself.
8. What you make of your life is up to you. You have all the tools and resources you need; what you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.
9. The answers lie inside you. The answers to life's questions lie inside you. All you need to do is look, listen, and trust.
Redlight cameras and Speed cameras…are they saving lives?
I recently went to court to try to fight a red light camera ticket. As many of you may have already fallen victim to this, I received a letter in the mail with a picture of my car driving under a red light. Now the day this happened, the stop light kept changing from green to yellow and red letting only 2-3 cars through it. Like several other drivers that day, I was frustrated and by the 3rd or 4th time of waiting to get throught the quick light I ran a red light. I thought this could be a good defense in traffic court. Well I was wrong. First of all, not only do they have a camera taking photos of your car as it whizzes through the intersections, but you are video taped. So when you arrive in traffic court they can show you and the judge a video of the entire time line of you whizzing through the intersection. As I watched others try to argue their way with the judge trying to explain that the video didn't show the whole picture, I did see a couple of creative people get out of their fines. Seeing my video, I wasn't as convinced that I could even argue any point, except that the light may have been quick…but that was no excuse for running a red light.
So before you challenge these cameras in court, be sure to have a really unique alibi. Otherwise, you are just wasting your time.
Big brother is watching so if everyone were to slow down, and not run red lights, this so called revenue cash cow just might get shut down.